Friday, April 25, 2014

Brothers & Baby

{As of yesterday, the boys have been with us four full months!}


Look! Sophia is so big, she's doing school with us!
 

Every time I prepare Sophia's monthly posts, I come across lots of great pictures of her with her big brothers. As I’ve mentioned on Facebook, they are Sophia’s BIGGEST fans! I love their enthusiastic adoration of every little thing she does. Why, she’s the best, smartest baby in the world!




“Look, she turns the pages of the book all by herself!”

“Look, she laughs when I tickle her feet!”

“Look, mommy, she can sit up!”

One of my favorites, heard frequently when Sophia is looking in a mirror: "I think that when Sophia talks to herself, she's saying "I'm SUCH a pretty baby!""

And they constantly coo to Sophia:

"You're the most BEAUTIFUL baby in the WORLD!!"

"When I see you, my heart lights up!"

"Queen of the world...!!!"
 
And on and on.
 
If anything, they spoil her, and plan to spoil her even more when she's bigger ("I'm going to buy her candy every day!").
 
When she's having tummy time, one will inevitably come by and turn her back over, because "She was suffering, mommy! I had to RESCUE her!" One day I had to prohibit them from "rescuing" her anymore, ha.
 
 
 
Today I bought her a sippy cup, but so far she hasn't had to work very hard for the water herself because there's always a brother around to hold it up to her mouth!  
 
 
Michael took this picture while I was busy in the kitchen. I'm sure there's some story behind the dog with a cross on the paper around his neck...
 

Michael's abundance of energy and drama makes him Sophia's favorite entertainer. He can get her so wound up that all he has to do is shake his head "yes" and she giggles her head off! Jake and I try but with much lesser results.

Particularly in the mornings, or when Sophia has just woken from a nap and "appears" in a room, Michael leaps up, holding his hands dramatically over his heart and swoons, "Don't TELL me! There is a PRINCESS in this ROOM! Oh, my HEART!" Or something to that affect, all in flowery Spanish.

A few weeks ago I filmed him going on and on to Sophia. Makes my heart melt every time!

 

When Michael came down with a cold a few days ago, I thought I'd constantly have to remind him to stay out of Sophia's face (and from giving her constant kisses). But Jake and I explained once, and he hasn't forgotten, although he groans at least once an hour that he's just dying to kiss her again.  

The other day he declared he thinks it would be better if she just stayed “abuelita” (grandmother) the rest of her life, because she is going to cry so much when her teeth come in and HE will not be able to stand it!
 
 
Every one takes a turn holding Sophia when we watch a "barbas" (Spanish for "beards", also what our boys call "Duck Dynasty")


Joel giving the baby a little spin while music plays:




Dancing with big brother




Joel just told me "Mommy, Sophia screams REALLY LOUDLY now! She could break the ear dreams of a...of a...an ANT!!" (No kidding!! The volume has really increased the past week or two!)


I took these shorts off the clothes line only to be told the owner doesn't live here. (Huh?) Then somebody got the bright idea to try them on Sophia.



One of baby's many nicknames is "Oscar the Grouch". Here Michael decided she should be put back in her trashcan home (actually used for clothes, don't worry). She often brightens up and begins to "pose" for the camera nowadays!




More pictures of the baby "doing schoolwork" the day after we bought her highchair.

This one looks more like "hard at work in the office", ha!
 

The scissors were immediately removed after this photo...


The boys were so cute. One of them drew a stick figure and then told Sophia it was her model. She preferred to have the pencil in her mouth, however, so someone suggested bringing her favorite pacifier from the crib to suck on instead. Then she "doodled" and the boys took her work from her, Joel rated it 100% and "excelente", then proudly carried it to the father of the pupil. 



One evening while making dinner, the boys were helping me entertain Sophia and prepared this special "bed" for her. It's actually a plastic box with wheels, so they were rolling her around the house. Looked like her special throne or carriage to me!

 

For a while, it was all the rage for the boys to play in their "camitas" (little beds) or "cunas" (cribs, to be like Sophia) UNDER their beds.


On this day, the boys excitedly called us in to see the bed they had made for Sophia.

 
 
 
If the kids play this much together NOW, I can't imagine all their fun when Sophia can walk and talk. (Talk back I imagine, LOL!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing us!